RNIB Cymru – free course for blind and visually impaired students & graduates
RNIB Cymru is inviting blind and visually impaired students to a free five day residential course in Cardiff in July 2012.
The programme will guide you through the process of looking for employment, from job searching to interview techniques including:
• CV Workshops
• Filling in applications
• Applying for funding through Access to Work
• How to prepare for an interview, including advice from an image consultant
• Disclosure of visual impairment to a potential employer
• Mock interviews by HR departments from leading companies
• Empowerment and motivational exercises delivered by the Kaisen Partnership
This course is open to all blind and visually impaired undergraduates and graduates who wish to gain employment. The course is limited to 16 students so book early!
One of last year’s course participants said:
“I strongly believe that his course should be run as much as possible as the confidence, emotional security and practical skills it has given participants can not be underestimated.”
Who Can Apply
The course has been designed for blind and partially sighted students, or those who have recently left education, who either studied in or are resident in Wales and are interested in developing their employability skills and in looking for work.
When and where
16th to 20th July at the Holiday Inn Hotel in the centre of Cardiff.
All the support staff and volunteers have undergone visual awareness training by RNIB Cymru. There will be staff resident for the whole week.
Cost: Free of charge
• Accommodation in a single occupancy room and all meals
• Trained support staff
• Travel costs from the centre of Cardiff (if your travel costs to Cardiff are prohibitive please contact us).
Book your place today!
The deadline for the return of completed application forms is Friday 1st June 2012 (late applications will only be considered if places are still available)
When allocating places we depend on the information given on the application form to ensure that we have good staffing levels and safety arrangements in place therefore please give us as much information as possible.
For an application form or to discuss the course further please contact:
Doug Churchley Employment Advisor
Helen Gummett-Preece, Employment Advisor