New dates for the 2014 GO Wales Freelancer Academy
We are pleased to announce that there will be GO Wales Freelancer Academies in 2014 (http://www.gowales.co.uk/en/Graduate/freelanceracademy). We are delighted to confirm that there will be three Academies this year, located in North, Mid and South Wales and are pleased to announce that the Freelancer Academy will be at the following locations: Bangor, Swansea and Aberystwyth. The dates for the Academies are as follows:
- Bangor: 3rd – 7th February
- Swansea: 7th – 11th April
- Aberystwyth: 28th July – 1st August
If the particular Academy you would like to attend is not yet open for applications you can register your interest on the website. If you have registered your interest, an email will be sent to you once the application process for that date has been opened.
The Freelancer Academy section of the GO Wales website has all the information that you will need to know, from eligibility and what you can expect regarding the Academy. There are also loads of case studies for you to read from past participants who might have been looking to start freelancing.
The deadline for the applications for the Bangor Freelancer Academy is the 10th of January 2014, so please submit your application as soon as possible if you would like to attend. Otherwise keep an eye out for the other Freelancer Academy dates near you.
Our Freelancer Academy Co-ordinator, Gwern Hywel gives us his top tips for filling out your application form to get the best possible chance of attending:
1) It’s very helpful if you already have an idea for a business as you start thinking about what help you need to get it started.
2) It will help your application if you back up your answers with reasons, for example, “ I would like to learn more about the financial side of business because I am not normally good with figures and this has proved to be a stumbling block for me.”.
3) When answering the questions please expand as much as possible. An answer which is a paragraph long is much more likely to stand out that an answer which is only a sentence long.
Still not convinced? Here’s a couple of things that our past participants have had to say of their Freelancer Academy experiences!
“Just informative, useful, the legalities/ tax stuff very important and helpful in considering the idea from a money-making point of view. Confidence-boosting J”
“The Freelance Academy has helped me to recognise what challenges you are faced with when starting a business”
“Such a rich and useful experience and really well executed.”
“This should be essential for everybody who want to start their own business.”
“The course has helped me to focus my ideas and give myself a timescale to get my business up and running.”