GO Wales Events
We have a number of GO Wales events taking place soon at University campuses and Job Centres. Visit our team to find out how you can kick start your graduate career with fantastic opportunities available from GO Wales.
- Student Money Week event: 10am-4pm, February 12th, Students’ Union – visit our stand with the careers service, this is an opportunity to find out more about GO Wales with particular emphasis given to part-time term-time opportunities.
- Crôl Cyflogwyr (Employer Crawl) – Welsh Medium stream networking event – 4-6pm, March 5th, AU Campus (location tbc) – this event will be an opportunity for current Aberystwyth students to meet with Welsh medium employers in the area to find out about the great opportunities that are on their doorstep and the types of roles that these companies regularly recruit for either through GO Wales placements or longer term opportunities.
- On-campus GO Wales stands in prominent locations will be taking place between February and July
- Look out for our GO Wales Student Brand Ambassadors from mid-February until mid-May
We have a number of GO Wales student drop-in sessions planned at Bangor University, including:
13th Feb: Bar Uno – 12-2pm
20th Feb: Deiniol Library – 12-2pm
27th Feb: Main Arts Building – 12-2pm
If you’re an unemployed graduate currently accessing Job Centre Plus our team will be available for drop-in sessions to offer advice and guidance on work experience, placements and jobs available via GO Wales.
Cardiff Central Job Centre Plus Drop In Session – Starting 12pm to 1pm – Friday 31st January (Charles Street, Cardiff) – GO Wales session for unemployed graduates accessing Cardiff JCP.
Average: 10-12 people. Frequency: Bi-monthly
Cardiff Canton Job Centre Plus Drop In Session – Starting 11am to 12pm – Wed 26th February (377 Cowbridge Rd East, Canton, Cardiff) – GO Wales session for unemployed graduates accessing Canton JCP.
Average: 10-12 people. Frequency: Bi-monthly
Work Experience Week at Cardiff University
This year Cardiff University Careers & Employability Work Experience Team are running a whole week of work experience events week commencing 24th February 2014.
This will include bookable workshops, departmental drop-ins and a joint Work Experience & Volunteering Fair with Student Volunteering Cardiff in the Great Hall.
All details are listed here http://cardiff.ac.uk/careers/whats-on/fairsevents/workexperiencefair/
The Glyndwr University GO Wales road show will be taking place on campus for students and graduates, look out for us to find out how you can get involved with work experience, paid work placements and the Jobs Growth Wales scheme.
If you spot the GO Wales pop up stand, come and say hello and let us help you get paid work experience and graduate jobs!
Every Monday (term time only) we have Work Experience Monday’s at 2-4pm held at the Careers Centre, Glyndwr University. Students and graduates are welcome to come down and discuss any work experience opportunities they have in mind through GO Wales.
Trinity Saint David – Carmarthen
Our team at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David Carmarthen Campus are holding drop in sessions every second Tuesday of the month 12:00-3:00 in the Quad for any students or graduates wanting more information or support from GO Wales.
The University is also holding a careers and information fair on the 19th of February at the Lampeter Campus and the 20th of February on the Carmarthen Campus.
Trinity Saint David – Lampeter
Monday 27th January – GO Wales and Careers drop in sessions for students at Room 1822. 11:30 – 1:30. These will be monthly sessions with further dates confirmed soon. Open to all students on campus.
University of South Wales – Pontypridd
GO Wales will be exhibiting at the Volunteering Fair at the University of South Wales, Pontypridd. Voluntary work is a great way to gain the skills and experience you need while helping a great cause. Employers love it too…
A study from Reed Executive found that three-quarters of employers prefer to recruit those with volunteering experience. Similarly, 51% of recent graduates under 30 years old who are in paid work say that volunteering helped them to secure employment.
The Careers Service, in conjunction with Interlink, have organised a Volunteering Fair where you can come along, for free, and meet a wide selection of different companies and charities from across South Wales.
Wednesday 5th February, Conference Centre (next to Stilts) 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
GO Wales Graduate ‘drop-in’ sessions at the Swansea Job Centre between February and April 2014.
Visit our team to benefit from:
- CV reviews, with hints & tips
- Demonstrations showing you how to register with GO Wales and how to use the website
- Advice on how to secure work experience, paid work placements and jobs through the GO Wales scheme!
- Tues 4th Feb (10.00am – 1.30pm)
- Weds 26th Feb (10.00am – 2.00pm)
- Tues 8th April (10.00am – 2.00pm)